Alicita Greek Salmon & Petite Greens Salad
2 each 4-ounce salmon fillets (skinless/bonless)
2 cups fresh organic baby spinach (loose pack)
¼ cup Alicita Greek Salsa
¼ (4 tbsp) cup cubed or flaked Feta cheese
½ (8 tbsp) cup diced seedless cucumber
1/8 (2 tbsp) cup basil mustard vinaigrette
Salt & pepper to taste
1. Pour half of the salsa over salmon in a non-reactive bowl, toss well, cover and refrigerate for 3-4 hours.
2. Pan Sear, grill or bake marinated salmon until cooked to your liking. Set aside to cool slightly.
3. Place spinach, cucumber, Feta and dressing in a mixing bowl, season to taste and toss, place on two dinner plates.
4. Place salmon on salad and drizzle with remaining Alicita Salsa and serve with cucumbers, feta, and capers in basil mustard vinaigrette immediately.
Great served with a California Sauvignon Blanc or Chardonnay.
Alicita Roast Chicken “Mexi-san”
2 each 4-ounce chicken breast (skinless/bonless), pounded with mallet to ¼” thick
1/8 (2 tbsp)cup olive oil ½ (4 tbsp) cup multigrain breadcrumbs
1 cup Original Alicita Salsa
¼ cup (4 tbsp) shreaded Mexican cheese blend
1 cup fresh green beans, steamed
1/8 (2 tbsp) cup basil pesto
1/2 cup multigrain tortilla chips Salt and pepper to taste
1. Press tenderized chicken in bread crumbs and pan-fry in olive oil on both sides.
2. Top chicken with ½ cup (1/4-cup per breast) of sauce, then half of chips & half of cheese.
3. Place chicken in preheated oven for 6-8 minutes until warmed thru and cheese is melted.
4. Meanwhile toss hot steamed beans with pesto and place half on each plate.
5. Place small amount of remaining sauce on two dinner plates and place chicken on top of sauce.
6. *Garnish with a fresh basil leave and serve with Alicita Green Beans and whole wheat Cous Cous immediately.
Great served with an Italian Pinot Grigio.
Tomato-Ginger Marinated Shrimp & Scallops
4-each U-12 (peeled & deveined), shrimp
4-each U-20 sea scallops, muscle removed
1 cup Alicita Japan Salsa
1/4 cup (4 tbsp) olive oil
1/4 cup rice wine or sweet white wine
1 cup fresh eggplant, stem and slice in ½” half-moon pieces
1/8 (2 tbsp) peanut sauce
1/2 cup prepared edamame pods
1/16 cup (1 tbsp) prepared black bean paste
Salt & pepper to taste
1. Toss shrimp & scallops in ¼ cup Alicita Japan Salsa, chill for 4-hours.
2. In the meantime, toss eggplant in half of oil, season with salt & pepper and over roast for 15-minutes.
3. Place shrimp & scallops in sauté pan in remaining oil for 3-4 minutes, add wine, reduce by half, add remaining Alicita salsa and bring to a simmer. – keep warm.
4. Meanwhile remove hot eggplant from over, toss with peanut sauce and place half on each plate.
5. Spoon warm shrimp and scallops on plate.
6. *Toss edamame with bean paste and place on plate, serve immediately.
Great served with a German Reisling or Japanese Sake.
Everyday Recipe: L’il Devils
6 hard cooked eggs
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup Alicita Salsa (one Snackita cup)
1. Halve hard cooked eggs lengthwise and remove yolks
2. Place yolks in a bowl; mash with fork. Add mayo, and Alicita Salsa (Original or Greek flavor)
3. Mix well.
4. Stuff egg white halves with yolk mixture; garnish with parsley.
Makes 12 servings
Everyday Recipe: Turkey Lurkey / Chicken Licken
3 diced or cut up chicken or turkey breasts
1 green bell pepper
1 yellow bell pepper
1/2 to a full jar Alicita Salsa
1. Sauté chicken or turkey breast for 5 minutes or until fully cooked
2. Add chopped green and yellow bell peppers and Alicita Salsa
3. Sauté all together for five more minutes
4. Serve over cooked brown or white rice or macaroni noodles